Next Biometrics has developed a new sensor based on Active Thermal Technology. This sensor is a large and flexible sensor, which its mains applications are incorporate them in smart cards, …
- To design an innovative active thermal sensor, using PVDF-based pyroelectric material, combined with an IGZO TFT matrix foil, capable of high resolution fingerprint capture.
- To develop a manufacturable process for a 500 ppi TFT backplane (reliable IGZO TFT allowing more complex design functionality to increase performance and reduce system cost).
- To develop a manufacturable process for the reliable fingerprint pyroelectric sensor, compliant with the 500 ppi high resolution requirements including encapsulation (mechanical protection and shielding) and sensor poling methods compatible with the TFT backplane (high voltage: 100V/μm of PVDF thickness)
- To demonstrate a small scale fingerprint sensor prototype based on the TOLAE developed technologies, including hybridization with on foil gate-driver and Si- readout.
- Large area innovative fingerprint prototype validation: To carry out an evaluation to validate the demonstrator for targeted applications and its compatibility to user case.
Several initiatives are taking place for integrating the whole biometric process in a smartcard. This technology includes the sensor and the whole biometric verification algorithm in a smartcard. The biometric …
Vivo X21 is the first smartphone which includes an in-display sensor. This technology allows to avoid the use of buttons or fingerprint sensors in the side or at the back …